In one short month, this little guy will be one year old!
I just can’t believe it!
Month 11 was definitely one of the hardest, but also one of the most fun. Hardest because Xander had three different illnesses. Fun because Xander is developing in so many amazing ways.
This month by the Numbers
- Average # of steps: 6
- Highest # of steps: 14 (he’s done this twice)
- Sicknesses: 3 (head cold, stomach bug, mysterious 36 hour fever fluctuations)
- Trips to the ER: 1 (sad face)
- Nights spent holding Xander to sleep: countless
- Road trips: 1 (quick overnight to PA)
- New signs: 2 (more and working on all done)
- New skills: many… but most notably clapping!
- Visitors: 1 (Uncle Billy)
This month Xander has also become quite opinionated. He know whats he wants to do, what he wants to eat, and when he wants to do those things. We are thrilled that he learned the sign for more this month because he has a tendency to just slam his hand on his tray when he wants more food. If he doesn’t like what’s in front of him he will swat at it until he’s happy with the distance he’s put between himself and that food item. It’s all we can do to not laugh!
He’s a bundle of joy to be around and I can’t believe he’s entering toddlerhood so soon! I know this recap was a short one, but with three sicknesses, our days were long and our thoughts were consumed. I’m so thankful that he’s better and acting like his normal, mischievous self!
We love you baby boy!!