Just one more month and we won’t be counting in months anymore – it’s so sad! How is my first little guy going to be TWO!? Seriously, let’s not talk about it… in fact, let’s talk about all the awesome things Xander is up to this month!
It’s really really really hard to keep up with how many new signs and words he learns each month – a communication explosion is happening over here! He’s had at least 24 new words and 11 new signs + he continues to enhance his signing phrases and sentences.
- New words: vacuum, bath, fries, cook, nuts, pretzels, eggs, bus, pancakes, towel, white, poop, bubbles, snack, sadie (his best friends dogs name), chips, bite, guys, plates, shoes, belly, dance, music
- New signs: seal, openguin, shrimp, dolphin, meet, old, new, name, sink, body, spin
Fun facts from the last month:
- He’s so obsessed with dinosaurs. He even signs dinosaur properly now too (with his hand in the “d” position instead of just as a fist). He has us read the children’s dinosaur encyclopedia as part of his bedtime routine. He makes his dinosaur animals eat grass. We took him to a dinosaur expo where he loves the dinosaurs from afar but was nervous up close. I think another trip to the natural history museum is in order.
- We recently moved Xander’s step stool to the bathroom. He loves brushing his teeth a zillion times a day now – mainly so he can play in the sink and suck the water off the toothbrush. He also pretends to spit and it’s so cute and funny.
- John has gotten X hooked on transformers. He transforms himself from a guy (standing position) to a car (laying on the floor position). He even makes a transforming noise – it’s quite comical. He also loves using an empty paper towel roll as a blaster (he attaches it to his arm). X seriously cracks us up!
- Pistachios have to be his new favorite food of the month and he knows they are “nuts” – one of his new words. I love hearing him talk so much more!
- We’ve gone out to eat a few times as a family of four and our going out to eat trick is to trap Xander in a booth. He behaves so much better now than when the three of us used to go out! Definitely try it if your toddler has been giving you a run for your money at restaurants! Oh and he does not sit on a booster seat in the booth.
One more month until you’re two, Xman! We love you so much and you continue to amaze us each day!!
Mommy and Dada