I’ll be 26 weeks pregnant tomorrow (Sept 19th), so it’s time to tell you all about week 25! I’m going to try to keep this brief – my shallow water running class is Wednesday nights and I am feeling ZONKED!
What’s Up With Baby:
- Baby is growing! H2.0 is approximately nine inches in length and weighs over 1.5 pounds.
- Under baby’s skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood. Air sacs are developing in his lungs, getting him ready to take his first breath!
- Nostrils are starting to open and vocal chords are getting ready to roar.
What’s Up With Mama:
- I’m still sleeping great, which I’m thrilled about. I only wake up once to pee and that’s nothing different than a non-pregnant me.
- Still no linea nigra line showing. Is this normal to not have it show up as early with second pregnancies?
- Working out has been on the up-tick… in many thanks to my support belt and shallow water running class starting.
- Weight gain is about 13-14 pounds. It could be possible to reach the suggested 20 lbs gained by 30 weeks – we shall see!
- And since we haven’t talked about it yet, by belly button is still in. With Xander if never went out, so I suspect it’ll stay in with this pregnancy too.
Moments of the Week:
- Three-day beach weekend!!! The whole weekend was a blast but seeing Xander’s excitement chasing birds on the beach and riding on the back of a bicycle for the first time were the highlights!
- Xander turned 18 months old!
Although not directly pertaining to Baby H2.0, I really enjoyed our mini-vaca weekend in Stone Harbor. I’m sure Katie was looking back at her childhood spent on those shores with a bit of rose-colored glasses, but it was still a very nice, family-friendly beach. Regardless, Xander had so much fun and it was truly a joy to see how much he loved to chase birds on the shoreline or try to fill in divers in the sand left by our shoes or just how he stared at the water and waves. It did make me think about having two little boys running around on vacation and this may have been one of the first times during this pregnancy that it was all feeling very real. On top of that, Xander had his 18 month doctor appointment Monday and Katie and I both realized that the next time we’ll be in that doctor’s office will be for Baby H2.0!!! I was astounded that it was so close….better get ready!
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3