I’ll be 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow, so it’s time to tell you all about week 28!!
What’s Up With Baby:
- What to Expect says baby H2.0 is about 2.5 pounds and nearing 16 inches long.
- Baby is starting to get ready to exit with his head down.
- New tricks have been added to H2.0’s repertoire, such as: coughing, sucking, hiccuping (I’ve felt these a few times!), and taking practice breaths. Baby’s sleep patterns also now includes REM – I wonder what he dreams about!
- H2.0 loves moving around – especially at bedtime and after I eat. I love feeling him dance around!
What’s Up With Mommy:
- I am loving my shallow water running class and aqua mommies class (with Xander). These are my main workouts of the week, but I try to do a DVD 1x/week and John and I have been going on a ton of walks! My round ligament pain comes and goes – but I suppose that’s to be expected. I’m sure I’m being too critical on myself, but in recent pictures I feel that my arms are looking a little soft, so I’m going to focus on adding more upper body workouts to my routine in the upcoming weeks.
- Weight gain is about 17 pounds.
- I went for a dental cleaning this week and found out unexpected news. Both of my silver fillings from when I was a child (I have a couple other fillings but they’re the white kind), are leaking and cavities have moved their way in underneath the leaking silver filling. Uhhh, no cool. No cool. And since they’re on different sides of my mouth, I have to get them fixed at two different appointments. I had the first one taken care of today and the other one will be done Friday. Not what I expected to do during my third trimester of pregnancy, but it’s completely safe and better to get done before I’m juggling a baby and toddler along with sleep deprivation.
- I’ve been an emotional mess! I’m glad week 29 starts tomorrow and I can put this week behind me!
- I’m back in my biggest size bras (from when I was pregnant with X) and man, I don’t enjoy it! These things just get in my way!
John’s Thoughts: This has been quite an…interesting…week. With the government shutdown, I got to spend a lot of time with Xander and Katie (which has been wonderful!!) but at the same time, there’s the constant stress of not knowing when I can go back to work and get paid again. We’ve done a great job of not letting that linger on our minds too much, as we’ve done a lot of fun playing with Xander. We have also taken this opportunity to get any and all doctor’s appointments out of the way since both of us are home. Although I love spending time with my family, I hope by next week I get to be back at work!
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3