I will be 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow, so it’s time to tell you all about week 30! It sure had some ups and down, so let’s get started!
What’s Up With Baby:
- Baby is packing on the pounds (and I can tell!) Apparently he will gained a half pound per week for the next seven weeks – seems crazy!!
- His brain is growing daily, he can regulate his own body temperature, and he will start shedding lanugo soon – the fine body hair that’s been keeping him warm until now.
- H2.0’s favorite time for dance parties is still at night and I love feeling all his movements!
What’s Up With Mommy:
- I experienced uterine cramping Saturday night, slept terribly over night, and the cramping continued Sunday morning (and beyond). I felt it was concerning enough to call the midwives and I ended up being monitored in labor and delivery for awhile Sunday. There were no contractions (aside from a few Braxton Hicks – which the midwife was pleased I could distinguish between those and the cramping) and upon cervical check, we learned my cervix is nice and long and closed. No pre-term labor for me! During the cervical check she could feel H2.0’s head right there and we are getting he simply moved lower over the weekend, causing the cramping. (Thankfully baby isn’t engaged in my pelvis yet – so no station. That better not happen for a little while longer). But in the meantime, H2.0 is doing headstands and continued to give me cramping all day Sunday and intermittently Monday.
- I’ve been way less emotional this week – thank goodness, and am feeling like a sane pregnant woman now. Haha.
- I’m still so constipated and have resigned myself to the fact that this is just going to continue. I did however learn that bananas are a constipating food, which I really didn’t realize, so I will stop eating those and see if that helps at all. Popping 2 stool softeners 4-5 days a week is getting quite odd!
- Sleep as been a bit poor this week, due to sciatic pain – but I’m trying to deal with it as best I can.
Moments of the Week:
- We rearranged the master bedroom to make a special spot for the mini crib! I can’t wait to get the rest of H2.0’s needed things all organized.
- We went to a local MCRRC race and watched my mom friends cross the finish line! Xander also was hilarious and decided anytime was a perfect time to lay on the ground!
- This week added a bit of stress to the pregnancy. Katie’s off cramps over the weekend really worried me and I couldn’t stop imagining having to be admitted. At least the cramps have since subsided a little bit and they couldn’t find any issues from monitoring. From what the midwife could determine, baby H2.0 is very low so that may have caused some of the cramping. It also indicates (to me) that this baby will probably be plenty early. It’s a crazy realization that we could be going right back to that hospital to have a baby in 6 weeks! (Since Katie will be 31 weeks tomorrow!) That helped us get motivated this weekend, rearrange our room, to prep for baby, and hopefully get our bags in the car and ready just in case he makes an even earlier appearance.
Being goofy after knowing there are no issues!
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3