I’ll be 34 weeks along tomorrow, so it’s time to tell you all about week 33!!
What’s Up With Baby:
- According to what to expect, the baby’s amniotic-fluid level is maxing out, which explains why some of his pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp (you’re telling me!)
- Antibodies are being passed from me to baby as he continues to develop his own fetal immune system.
- Baby H2.0 is seriously making some crazy movements! It feels like he’s just dragging himself all over the place. The other night I feel asleep and John saw my stomach move. He then put his hands on my stomach and had no idea how I could sleep through the disruption! Haha.
What’s Up With Mama:
- I have the stupidest cold and I’m so over it. I went to my primary care doc to rule out strep (came back negative), but my golly this is the most annoying thing ever since I can’t take much while pregnant. I’m actually starting to worry about when/how colds become sinus infections because my snot (TMI, whatever) has a lot more yellow than I would like to see and my left cheek (in the sinus region) feels so sore. Thank goodness my mom arrives tomorrow.
- I managed one workout this week. It was a pool workout and the warmth felt nice. I’m going to go again tonight and take it easy. (update: I might be going tonight – I’m so exhausted. Bedtime at 8:30 might be more up my alley).
- I’ve been trying to soak up all the sleep I can for many reasons: 1) I’m pregnant, duh. 2) I’m sick. 3) Xander has been waking in the middle of the night and cuddling me for a couple hours at a time (which is nice but I’m basically awake during that time).
Again my thoughts this week are more focused on how Xander is behaving in regards to the pregnancy, more-so than the new baby himself. I do want to note that with an anterior placenta during pregnancy #1, we missed out on so much of Xander’s movements in the womb! Baby H2.0 doesn’t have that big piece of meat blocking him and so we (especially Katie) feel so much more.
But the bigger curiosity this week is how Xander’s behavior have been shifting toward more “mommy-centric.” Almost ever evening this week, right before bed he signs eat. At first we thought he didn’t get enough dinner. However, when we would take him downstairs to eat, he would much on 1-2 crackers and drink an ounce or so of milk. Clearly not signs of a hungry baby. Last night we seemed to have cracked the code that even when he signs eat, he really just wants comfort. If Katie holds hims for a few minutes in the dark before bed, he goes right down without the song/screaming and dance of the previous nights. Of course right now we’re dealing with n=1 so we’ll have to see how it plays out with subsequent nights.
His desire for mommy comfort has gotten us wondering how much he is aware of what a new baby means. I’m not entirely convinced that he understands what’s going on, even though he will kiss Katie’s belly when she asks him to “kiss the baby.” I could be wrong, though, and he might understand that there actually is a baby in there and his life (and ours) is going to change.
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3