I’ll be 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow (ummm… what?), so it’s time to tell you all about week 34!
What’s Up With Baby
- According to What to Expect, baby is weighing about five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches long <~~~ the height measurements still make me giggle!
- H2.0’s testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (isn’t this interesting?!)
- Ohh and baby’s fingernails are getting ready for his filing!
- In terms of what I feel baby doing, dance parties are still a nightly occurrence – which I love! However, baby now has included hiccups into his nightly routine!
What’s Up With Mama
- Also according to What to Expect, mama’s vision may seem less sharp these days and a decrease in tear production can leave eyes dry and irritated <~~~you’re telling me! Sheesh, I feel like I take my contacts out earlier and earlier each day. I remember this postpartum with Xander as well, and am happy for the dry eye symptom to go away!
- Lower back and sciatic issues have been nonexistent this week.
- Swimming workouts have been amazing this week – 3 sessions and feeling great!
- My cold is FINALLY starting to go away! Three weeks is certainly long enough to be dealing with this crappo!
- From time to time I start to get panicked that we have a lot to do in preparation for baby (+ Christmas), but I’m just trying to remind myself that what gets done is what gets done! And that will just have to be okay. 🙂
Moments of the Week
- Freezer prep weekend with my mom!
- Going on TWO dates with John!
- John and Xander put together the pack and play int he living room.
- A few things for the baby arrived (that are for his “bedroom” in our bedroom).
- Xander and I hosted playgroup this week and it was tons of fun!
My thoughts are being summed by a 20 month old adorable creature that has refused to go to bed until 11pm the last two nights. I envision the horror to come as a terrorizing toddler totally trashed the living room as a second, equally adorable boy is crying for sustenance, all the while their parents just want to be able to sleep at 11 pm on a weeknight.
Of course I’m being dramatic but Xander’s wonky sleep patterns the last few days has reminded me of his newborn period when his sleep patterns were just awful and continued to be awful for his first year. I’m also aware of the warning that kids tends to degree in many ways when a new baby is introduced. How can Xander regress from being up until 11pm two nights in a row? (As Katie is quick to remind me) I am also aware that the storm we had a few nights ago is really what threw Xander off. But it still makes me dread the return of the days when 3 hours of sleep at night was considered a blessing.
I hope the second baby nurses better and therefore sleeps better. I hope Xander adjusts quickly to the new baby and his excellent sleep patterns that we’d established (barring the last two nights) are maintained without much fuss. I hope that the experience Katie and I have gained from keeping Xander alive and (relatively) happy for 20 months helps us do a passable job on the second child. Of course I also hope for riches to fall from the sky. We’ll see which of these actually happens.
(From Katie: When John sent me his thoughts this morning I literally laughed out loud. Clearly, asking for thoughts after a terrible nights rest gives an exaggerative, funny husband :p).
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3