Tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day, I will be 36 weeks pregnant. Holy cow; I could be having a baby in 1-2 weeks if H2.0 so desires. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, I still have to tell you all about week 35!
What’s Up With Baby
- According to What to Expect, baby is about 20 inches tall (I’ll believe it when I see it) and about 5.5 pounds. Apparently he won’t get much longer but will continue to pack on the pounds – including large amounts of baby fat – right up to delivery day.
- Fetal brain development is also rapidly developing.
What’s Up With Mama
- Baby gives me dance parties, Braxton Hicks, and hiccups multiple times a day! It’s a real party going on in there!
- I’ve gained 30 pounds and I have no idea where it’s going. I feel like I look great and all my clothes fit, sooo yeah.
- I had an appointment this week and my belly is measuring right on track! My blood pressure also continues to be awesome!
Moments of the Week
- Being cheerleader for John at the Campus Life 5K Orchard Run over the weekend.
- Putting up our Christmas Tree! Normally we wait until the first weekend of advent at church, but one week early isn’t too bad! We’ll just blame it on nesting 🙂
- Watching Xander get his belly checked like mama at my OB appointment – so precious.
The anticipation has been building this week. Katie will be into her 36th week very soon and the baby will be considered “fully baked” by the end of it. That means we’ve reached the point where the baby can come at any time and there won’t be any attempts to stop it. It makes everything feel much more real and urgent. Although we have pretty much everything ready for baby, there’s always a few items that need organized or cleaned or moved. I’m also trying to enjoy every moment of uninterrupted sleep I can get, since that will be disappearing very soon.
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3