Baby will be considered term tomorrow – 37 weeks – so it’s time to tell you all about week 36!! Good golly time is flying!!
What’s Up With Baby
- According to What to Expect, baby is about 6 pounds and 20 inches long. He has soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit!
- Most of baby’s systems are ready to go, though the digestion system will fully kick into gear as he takes his first suckle at the breast.
- Baby has dropped! And I can certainly tell! I feel like I have more room between my belly and breasts, and feel like I’m waddling a little – due to H2.0 being lower in the pelvis. (36 week photo was taken right on 36 weeks so belly looks much lower if you saw me today!)
- Evening dance parties continue and I love feeling his movements! Sometimes the movements get a bit rough, but I learned at my midwife appointment yesterday that he is in the right position and is just rotating his back/butt from side to side!
What’s Up With Mama
- I had my first cervical check at my midwife appointment yesterday! So here are the fun details: baby is -1 station, 50% effaced, and she said my cervix is like a funnel – with me being 3 centimeters dilated on the outer side and a tight 2 centimeters dilated on the inner side! I don’t remember the whole funnel thing with Xander – but I was excited to find out my progress either way!
- I think I can contribute part of the progress above to having my first round of prodromal labor last week. It was actually part of week 35 – but I had already written/scheduled my post and was too busy timing contractions to add it into the recap!
- With baby turning 37 weeks tomorrow, I’m allowed to start primrose oil capsules – but when i didn’t see information about it in my packet last week, I inquired as to why. Apparently, there’s been a large research study (on first time moms, mind you) but primrose can show an increase in waters breaking but without the mother going into labor afterward. So drug intervention is increased and infection risk is a bigger concern. Like I said, the study was done on first time moms, so I am allowed to the primrose oil, but I think I may wait to start it until 38 weeks – if I make it until then 😛
Moments of the Week
- Thanksgiving! We went to our friends house and had an absolute great time. Since I’m too far along to travel anywhere, it was so nice to have a place to celebrate and enjoy locally with good friends and good food. So thankful for them!
- We went to a local state park this week for s’more night under the lights! Basically, you take a trolley ride through the amazing light displays they have set up, stop at toy land to enjoy a s’more and walk around, then hope back on the trolley to see the rest of the lights! It was such a nice night (we met some friends there too) and I think Xander had a blast as well! Last year, John and I drove through the lights and were highly impressed and this event didn’t let us down either!
This week was spent trying to tie up as many loose ends of baby prep as we could. We received a new vacuum for Christmas so I was able to clean the floors and hopefully get the house into such a clean state that if it goes unattended for a couple weeks, it won’t be a complete disaster. While I knew this baby is coming soon, it didn’t really hit me until I realized that if he comes when Xander did, that would be next Friday! And he may even come earlier! I’ll say I’m not nearly as stressed out about our level of preparation as Katie is (for the record I think we’re quite on top of things). But I think this weekend again I will try to clean the house as much as possible and just make sure we’re as ready as we can be for our little boy #2!
Hope you enjoyed the recap! If you have any questions for me or John along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask! <3