Today, February 6, 2012, I’m officially 33 weeks pregnant! It’s crazy to think that I only have 7 weeks to go and only 4 weeks until full-term. CRAZY!
What’s Up With Baby: According to BabyCenter, baby now weighs 3.75 pounds (the weight of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long.
Weight Gain: This week I gained 1.2 pounds, which brings my weight gain to 17.1 pounds.
What I’ve Been Eating: Pancakes, hash browns, lots of oranges, raw broccoli/cauliflower/carrots cut up with dip, taco salad, sharp cheddar cheese, grapes, and other stuff!
Number of Workouts: I took three walks this week — two 45 minute walks and one 15 minute walk. I had an annoying cold for about 5 days of this week and getting rest and fluids was of top priority. I’m glad to be walking though!
How I’m Feeling: I’m not sure exactly how to describe this, but after my walks I really have to take it easy for a few hours. Baby feels like he’s been head banging inside, so my lady parts get all tender. (We know that baby is head down already. He actually has been the entire pregnancy.) I know this tenderness is normal because the hormone relaxin is, well, just making everything relaxed; so it’s no wonder things feel a bit sensitive!
Gifts for Baby: I’ve had a few more gifts for baby trickle in last week since my baby shower — it’s been fun getting surprises in the mail!
Gifts for Mommy: The breast pump that my mom and I ordered last week arrived! I’ll be sure to answer what type we decided on in my question/answer post coming up soon!
Midwife Appointment Details: At 32 weeks 2 days pregnant, I had another appointment with my midwife. While I do like her and my practice, I left very frustrated and overwhelmed. John wasn’t at the appointment either, so I’m sure I would have been a little more relaxed had he been there. First, my pulse was crazy. Then, the midwife just wasn’t saying the right things when I asked my questions. Third, this was the appointment occurred on the worst day of my cold. Then, the most frustrating part of the appointment was when she said I was measuring at 34 weeks. Well, at my 30 week appointment she said I was measuring at 29 weeks — so how could little baby jump 5 weeks when they said my weight didn’t change. Argh. The only thing she said in an attempt to make me feel better was say, “maybe he’s just in a funny position.” And lastly, if I hadn’t had a bad enough appointment already, I walked out forgetting to schedule my next appointment.
Of course everything is fine now; I know I was overwhelmed and emotional. Plus, I feel better and just have a better mental state.
John’s Thoughts: Big thought on my mind this week was the hospital tour, breastfeeding class, and parenting class. The hospital tour was very useful; it was good to see where Katie would be delivering and what kind of room we would have to recover for the few days afterwards. I am a bit more reluctant to get excited about the breastfeeding and parenting class as they are significantly longer (2.5 hours and 14 hours, respectively). There are certainly a lot that Katie and I need to learn on both of those topics but I’m not sure what is going to fill that much time. I hope for my thoughts next week I can say how wrong I was and that both classes were informative and the full 16.5 hours were absolutely needed….but I doubt that.
**Disclaimer: I am also battling a terrible head cold and have not really had much time to rest so the thought of sitting in a room for 16.5 hours while not being able to breathe does not appeal to me.
(Katie’s note: John had a cold for about a week before I got it last week… then I got it…. now he has it again, but I’m all better. It’s been stuff over here in the Heddleston household).
- About 80% of the gifts from the shower have been organized in the nursery.
- Door has been taken off of the nursery closet in order for us to fit a rocker in the space.
- We are now owners of a breast pump!
- We took a hospital tour! It included seeing the labor/delivery suites as well as the mother/baby suites. All rooms are private and have full showers (and many have jacuzzi’s). Anyway, I’ll write more about this in my recap post.
- Last night we had our breast feeding class! I found it very useful (and I think John would agree!) I’ll be recapping this as well!
- My mom and I scheduled a time for when she would see our apartment for the first time and help us get the rest of the nursery finished! (Mainly, making a window valence and closet door curtain). It’s gonna be cute everyone!
- Picked photographer for our newborn photo shoot.
Baby-Related To-Do List:
- Attend child birth class this weekend.
- Purchase rocker and little foot stool.
- Take our shower gift cards and get everything else we absolutely need.
What We’re Looking Forward to This Week:
- Attending child birth class.
- Possibly registering for our first post-baby race!
- Having John get over this lingering cold.
Sorry for the lack of pictures this week — you can tell I wasn’t feeling well!
For all baby-related posts, please visit my family page!