It’s not every day that I get to shop at a Trader Joe’s. One is being built about 15 minutes away from us, but otherwise we don’t make the 30+ minute trek to the “local” TJs in our area. However, when I’m visiting my parents in Pennsylvania, I like to take the time to browse Trader Joe’s and purchase some items I wouldn’t normally have available to me.
During my latest trip, I tackled the store with my step-mom and little Eli, while my dad was taking the big boys down to the farm for Gator rides. Divide and conquer right?
I had forgotten that TJ’s has the adorable little shopping carts for kiddos and Eli absolutely LOVED this. Thankfully it was a weekday, so it was less busy and people were smiling at him and not grumpy. I can see how on a weekend this would be a harder thing to tackle with the busyness of the store. He even unloaded the cart himself, which the most adorable thing.
I have to admit that shopping with Eli did make me forget probably half the items that I was trying to look for. Namely, the Everything But the Bagel Spice, which I STILL have yet to try… but alas, it was fun, I got a few things, and the cuteness won for this trip.
- Joe’s O’s: An Eli pick. These aren’t sweetened at all so unfortunately the kiddos didn’t eat them up very quickly. I need to come up with some sort of recipe that includes them so I don’t waste the box. Maybe using them as breading or in a cookie somehow.
- Chocolate Chip Chew Bars: Another Eli pick. Guys, these were not chewy in the slightest. A big disappointed with these bars.
- Mahi Mahi Burgers: Delicious!!!
- Fusilli Pasta (quinoa + brown rice): Great nutrition profile for pasta.
- Blondie Bars: Umm, amazing.
- Peanut Butter: Great nutrition profile – no added oils or sugar. Just peanuts and salt.
- Feta Dressing: LOVE.
- Brussels Sprouts: Just because I needed some.
- Mandarin Orange Chicken: My family LOVES orange chicken; however, this flavor didn’t pack enough punch for us. Need to keep trying and find some recipes to make myself.
- Vegetable Fried Rice: Served with the chicken – was pretty good!
And that’s it folks. I had limited space in the cooler and forgot some items since I was distracted by Eli, but overall a mixed reviewed shopping trip but it was all very affordable, so that’s a huge win too.
What’s your favorite product to buy at Trader Joe’s? What should I be looking for next time?